This is my partners painting of our old cat from about 30 years ago.
It’s oil paint on hardboard. He doesn’t paint but when we had this cat he decided to have a go. He also did a large painting of sunflowers at the same time. I love this , it’s up in our bedroom. When I wake up in the morning I remember her.
To anyone who thinks they can’t paint or draw I would say it doesn’t matter. This is a loving attempt at capturing a sweet cat. It’s the feeling behind this that matters and I love Richard for painting it.
My ears whistling that high pitched whistle again, last night it was sussing like a weathered shell held to my ear. Plus it’s gone cold all of a sudden, the chill has reached my ankles, my knees, got up to get the duvet to snuggle in, then I was too hot…
Snoring from my partner doesn’t help, it builds up gradually, not too loud, but when you are trying to lie quietly it creeps up on you, can you sleep before it reaches peak snore?
So I go back to bed, snuggle under the duvet, elbow my partner in the ribs so he turns over, blow my nose to relieve the whistle…5 minutes, 10 minutes….no, pick up my book, turn to page 44 and start reading. It’s a science book, Richard Feynmann QED, trying to understand light waves or particles, quanta…..dozed offf…….zzzzx…CAT decides to jump up to get warm next to my back,,uh….drsf ,,gnnnh…she wakes me up running over my face!…..awake again I seek solace in my computer, check emails…write this…..no midnight trumpish tweeting where’s the coveeffee,,,,Gnnn, coffee,,decaff,,hot…….
Thats what they say..
You can hear it today,
Money makes the world go around,
That’s what they found,
When people have money,
Life is more sunny.
When people are poor,
Dont darken my door..?
How can it be right,
Billionaires have might,
When there is no dosh (money)
No one gets nosh (food).
80 people have more money,
Than half the world’s population, funny…
While the world sits in debt,
Rich men still cast their net,
For gold and jewels and folding stuff…
When will they say they have enough….
So Money only makes things fun
If you have it, by the ton!
I’ve not had that much beer, probably a bottle, because I’m sharing with my partner, trying to see which one is best. My favourite is a chocolate flavoured porter. About 6% abv. That’s quite strong but I’ve had less than a quarter of a pint and if I can spell that I’m OK. Just chilling.
So my thoughts are.
I’m lucky to be able to do this, sit and watch TV, have a roof over my head. Be able to paint and draw. Have enough money to feed myself and my partner, run an old car…,
I wish everyone had that chance. Could live in peace. I’m a silly old idealist. But I care about people. ….maybe this is the drink talking? I see people begging in the streets. It wasn’t always like that. We were more of a caring country I think, where did we go wrong!? Austerity is a word used to hide the cruelty of the rich getting richer and the poor, well..poorer.
The working poor is the latest thing. Doctors, nurses and police taking second jobs to earn enough to live on? When did that start? Ordinary people with three or more jobs to pay the rent?
I’m leaving this here…what is happening to the world!
Shapes, colours, cats,
Plants, horses, hats,
Fish, glass, clay,
Books, art, day,
Night, stars, planets,
Water, sea, trumpets.
Heart, Head, sky,
Dance, song, joy,
Reading, writing, play,
Sewing, knitting, yay!
Green, red, blue,
Yellow, Orange too…
Purple, green and mauve,
Silver, copper and gold.
And breathe, just breathe….
So much is inspiring,
Medicine, painting, lightening
So much to rejoice in,
Happiness is enticing.
What else can I say?
Just “may you enjoy your day”!
I have not been in for a while to my studio. I haven’t settled in. I was OK for a while, but I cocoon myself at home. I wish I could relax and fit in better there.
I find myself going out to other places drawing or painting. But I’m not knuckling down to work. I hope I can break the spell and get on with things. I seem to be half enthusiastic and half despondent. It’s maddening.
I have other reasons that I’m struggling with, but I’m not going into details. Just added frustrations that make things difficult.
Does anyone else feel like this!? Or is it just me….. I have ideas but don’t act on them. People must get really fed up with me being so lacadazical.
Then of course there is the attraction of places like this…am I noise in an empty container? Well I will put this down and try and break free…for a while…
I keep hearing about people who think the Earth is flat so I decided to do a thought experiment to see if it is possible…
• If the Earth was flat it would be daytime all over the world at the same time, or night time all over the world.
• The sun would rise at the same time everywhere and set at the same time.
• There would be no equator, and all parts of the world would be at the same temperature.
• There would be no north and south poles and no northern or southern lights.
• There would be no need for time zones.
• Flat earthers say the horizon is flat, but that is because the globe of the Earth has a very large circumference.
• If the Earth was flat boats would not go over the horizon.
• If the Earth was flat you would be able to see all the way to the other side using a powerful telescope on top of a big building.
• If the Earth was flat we would be able to travel to the edge.
• A flat Earth would cast a flat shadow on the moon during an eclipse of the moon. (this is because the Earth is between the Sun and the Moon when it happens and if the Flat side was facing the Sun if would be overhead and you would not see the moon, but it would cast a circular shadow).
• Finally….If the Earth is flat….what’s on the other side? Is it Elephants and Turtles all the way down? ( according to Terry Pratchett)